February 9-15 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. Brighten at least one person's day each day for a week by doing random acts of kindness. This is a great way for families to do things in their respective 'workplaces' (school & office) to do something nice for the people with whom they spend most of their days. Need some ideas to get your creative juices flowing?
- (Children) Purchase dessert at lunch for a classmate.
- Eat lunch with someone new.
- Write notes of appreciation to people who often go unappreciated (custodian staff, cafeteria staff, hospital volunteers, etc).
- Give $5 to the cashier at the grocery store to go towards the groceries of the person behind you.
- Mail a handwritten note to an older relative/close family friend.
- Make & share a CD of your favorite songs with a friend.
Those are just a few ideas to get you started. If you participate, take pictures of your Random Acts of Kindness and email them to us, we'll post some at the end of each day. If you post pictures, use the hashtags #RandomActsOfKindness & #13Days4Love.