We wanted to say thank you for all of your generous support in helping us Bring The Giving Tree to Oaklawn!
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Thursday, February 12, 2015
March Service Project announcement!!!!!! Our project just went live on StartSomeGood! Check it out, share with your friends and contribute if you can so I can start some good. We only receive funds if we meet our goal.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
February 9-15 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. Brighten at least one person's day each day for a week by doing random acts of kindness. This is a great way for families to do things in their respective 'workplaces' (school & office) to do something nice for the people with whom they spend most of their days. Need some ideas to get your creative juices flowing?
- (Children) Purchase dessert at lunch for a classmate.
- Eat lunch with someone new.
- Write notes of appreciation to people who often go unappreciated (custodian staff, cafeteria staff, hospital volunteers, etc).
- Give $5 to the cashier at the grocery store to go towards the groceries of the person behind you.
- Mail a handwritten note to an older relative/close family friend.
- Make & share a CD of your favorite songs with a friend.
Those are just a few ideas to get you started. If you participate, take pictures of your Random Acts of Kindness and email them to us, we'll post some at the end of each day. If you post pictures, use the hashtags #RandomActsOfKindness & #13Days4Love.
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Go to a nursing home and read to residents. Sign up and help serve a meal to guests at a local shelter or soup kitchen. Make handmade Valentine cards for guests at a residential treatment program. Reach out to your local museums and inquire about volunteer opportunities, there are plenty! Park and Rec departments also have multiple volunteer needs. The possibilities are endless! Pick an organization and/or group of people and dedicate your time to help others in need. Share pictures with us (13Days4Love@gmail.com) with a brief description of how you are helping others and we will post on our page.